Cobra Pose, or Bhujangasana in Sanskrit, is one of the most basic poses in Yoga. But most beginners make mistakes. In this article we will learn how to fix it and how to do it properly.
Benefits of Cobra Yoga Pose
This pose is a great pose for everyone and especially newbies, some of the significant benefits of Cobra Yoga include:
- Helps to stretch the neck muscles, chest muscles, abdominal muscles, muscles connecting the pelvis and waist, thigh muscles.
- Strengthens the triceps, back, trapezius, gluteal, gluteal, hamstring, and leg ligaments.
- Stronger back spine, reduced attacks back pain, prevent degenerative conditions and disc herniation.
- Increase lung volume, stimulate internal organs, support respiratory system, digestive system work better, as well as help relax and feeling, reduce stress.
How to practice the correct Cobra pose
- To do this pose, lie on the ground with your hands on your chest.
- Inhale and slide your chest forward, lift your chest up, creating an upward curve.
Common mistakes when performing the Cobra Yoga pose
Lifting people too high
- You don't have to lift too high if you feel back pain, raise to a height that's right for you.
Shoulders and neck tilt too much
- A common mistake is that you try to raise your body high, protruding your shoulders and tilting your neck, causing neck compression, it will cause you more back and neck pain. Lower your shoulders slightly, opening your shoulders and chest out.
Nguyen hopes that the above sharing will be effective and useful for your training process. Besides, there are also many articles on health and yoga at Nguyen's blog, especially Youtube channel Nguyen has many other useful exercises and movements, please follow and look forward to Nguyen!