Back pain during pregnancy is very common, especially in the early stages. So what is the cause of this condition and what is the treatment? Please find out with Nguyen in this article to get a more specific answer!
Why do I get sick when I'm pregnant? backache?
During pregnancy, the ligaments in your body become softer and stretch naturally in preparation for labor. This can put stress on the joints in your lower back and pelvis, which in turn causes back pain.
Some ways to prevent back pain during pregnancy
To prevent back pain during pregnancy try these tips:
- Avoid lifting heavy objects
- Move your feet as you rotate to avoid twisting your spine
- Wear flat shoes to evenly distribute your weight
- Try to balance the weight between the 2 bags when shopping
- Keep your back straight when sitting – you can find a pregnancy pillow.
- Get enough rest, especially after pregnancy.
- Massage or take a warm bath.
- Use a mattress properly – you can place a piece of hard board under a soft mattress to make it firmer, not a mattress that is too soft.
- Join a group or individual back care class like Yoga for pregnant women.
Note: If your back pain is very painful and happens unexpectedly often, go to your doctor or midwife immediately so that the parties can have a diagnosis and the most reasonable options to improve the problem. They can refer you to an obstetric physiotherapist at the hospital, or give you advice and suggest some helpful exercises.
3 yoga moves to help relieve back pain during pregnancy
Cat-Cow Pose Yoga (Cat-Cow Pose)
- Support on 2 hands and 2 knees.
- Inhale slightly puff your chest and belly down, lift your chin and look slightly towards the bridge of your nose.
- Exhale slowly, curling your back, drawing your chest and abdomen up.
- Repeat this pose 5 times.
Child Pose Yoga (Child Pose)
- Open your knees slightly to sit, gently bring your body back, hips toward your heels, straighten your arms forward. Lie down, breathe deeply and slowly here for 5 breaths.
- Then gently move your hands to the right side, holding for 5 breaths.
- Continue to gently move your hands to the left side, holding for 5 breaths.
Yoga moves to roll the tailbone
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, close to the wall.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs, then rotate your pelvis back (to the wall).
- Bring the pelvis back to the original position, repeat 10 times (3 sets).
Nguyen hopes that the above sharing will be effective and useful for your back pain. Please follow and wait with Nguyen the posts about health and next Yoga!